Number 2- It's been a bit of a Calgon day. I happen to know some of you are too young to understand that but some of you get it. If I really stop and think, there's probably just been some Calgon moments, not a whole day. Lucy is feeling a little pitiful and just does not want to be put down. I love holding her but sometimes I just can't, you know?
And I've had plenty of opportunity to practice what the kids and I have been talking about in our Bible study time- speaking kindly to one another or praying for self-control and a kind heart when we're having a hard time. Our home is a classroom for the practice of the Scriptures, indeed. Sometimes more often than I'd like to admit. And usually it starts with me.
All that to say, I have found some bright moments (not hard to do) that I want to remember.
Samuel has been playing so nicely. Here, he's up on the train table with everything he needs to keep busy. And he's taken to humming while he plays. His playlist: "Go Tell It on the Mountain," "Jingle Bells," or "Doe, a deer, a female deer..." Sometimes he sings, too, and I think he might have a nice little voice- he keeps a tune pretty well.
Also, on Sunday afternoon I asked him what his Sunday school lesson was about.
"John the bad man."
I hate to admit it took a minute for me to get it.
John the Baptist.
Can you see the attitude on that pretty face?
She'd been checking out toy after toy.
"Mom. Is everything made in China?"
No political statement intended.
Just wondering what got her thinking about that.


1 comment:
funny, funny...love Sam's set up. And you got to 1/11/11...I hardly noticed the date today, so iced in you know!
Post a Comment