We went to the library yesterday in preparation for this snow storm that is supposedly headed our way. I think a lot of people had the same idea because it was busy. Our kids are always excited to go to the library. The ride home, and even the rest of the afternoon, is so quiet.
We stocked up. Kayla is really enjoying reading on her own now. She loves to get in bed with a flashlight at night and read- just like me. Although I use a lamp, not a flashlight. I'm starting When Crickets Cry. So far so good.
Let me just say that I am very thankful for our libraries. It seems that library systems are being cut left and right lately. I have to wonder what that says about our society when we can spend millions of dollars on sporting events and the like but have no money for (or interest in) books. As Samuel said a few days ago, "Sounds like trouble down there, Mom."
p.s. I know there are many issues more pressing than libraries. I'm just sayin...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment