We baked cookies and decorated with the sprinkles.
We sprinkled (or dumped) glitter and glued sequins.
We had our music playing in the background.
And it was fun.
But if I'm honest, I'd have to say it was not all Currier and Ives. Somehow looking back, getting out glitter and cookie dough at the same time might not have been the best idea. I was a little on edge. Sometimes impatient. I can't tell you how I wish I had more patience. It seems like I get a little less patient the older I get instead of the other way around. That saddens me.
And I need to add that bit in here with all the pictures and smiles because if you're even a little like me, you look around and hear about other families enjoying all of these holiday activities and wonder where you went wrong. I want to create these cozy, perfect memories. Not that I didn't enjoy our day. I'm just saying, it wasn't perfect and I think that's ok. One more reason why I need the Christ of Christmas more than I need a good memory from a perfect day.
Having said that, I did get some cute pictures and I think the kids had a good time.
I've not seen so much glitter poured in one place in a long time.
(He was just getting started!)
Not had so much tempting sugar around in a while either.
Sam said to me, "Mom, I guess you've never seen anything like this before."
HAHA! There were an awful lot of sprinkles on his cookies!


1 comment:
As far as the Currier and Ives Families ... you probably see the photo ops ... I know there is much more "behind the scenes."
It looks like you had fun! That's what the kids will remember, and how nice to see snow outside the window!
Post a Comment