I have been just a little sentimental about this one. She's been such a sweet baby. Saying goodbye to "babyhood" is bittersweet. But, on to her day.
We had pancakes and I put some whipped cream on Lucy's to make it special. She was not impressed.
The other kids could not wait to give her birthday presents. Of course she loved the paper best but I think she enjoyed opening them, too.
Kayla was so happy to give her this little baby doll.
The girl even read her card from Mimi and Papa.
I have to say, though, that she saved the best for last. I walked into the room and she looked right at me and said, "Mama. Mama."
First time.
I got a little teary.
Happy Birthday, dear Lucy.


4 comments:
Such a punkin' and I *do* love her name...so sweet. :)
Happy Birthday! What a sweet girl! I'm sure with you on the bittersweet, sniff.
And I got a little teary reading that last sentence! Happy Birthday sweet "one." !
So very sweet... Happy belated birthday to Miss Lucy! I am way behind on keeping up and have enjoyed reading through your posted life! Will call soon :o) Love you all!
Post a Comment