We went to the library this morning in search of Christmas books. My favorite librarian was working. She is always so chipper and quickly engages the kids. She even let me look through a stash of books she had behind the counter. We found plenty! The first we read was Gus and Grandpa and the Christmas cookies. Such a sweet story! The second was The Night Before the Night Before Christmas by Richard Scarry. Cute book and it reminded us of our friends from the cul-de-sac in Charlotte. Thanks to Bonnie, I picked up Miss Read's Christmas which is already proving to be a cozy read.
Last night some friends of ours came over and brought gifts for the kids. Sammy's was a Sheriff Woody pillow/stuffed guy. He has not parted with it all day. Woody even came to the library with us. The nice librarian asked Sam if he was planning on reading all these books to Woody when we got home. Sammy grinned ever so slightly and nodded his head. Fun day.
p.s. Do you notice a trend in pictures of Sam with no shirt? I don't know what it is but that's the way he likes it right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
First I was thinking the no shirt was to keep clean with the cookie decorating. But I see the (brrr) trend. Reminds me of Caleb with his constant hat on except for sleep and showers. Am wondering why we remind you of Richard Scarey, but it sounds like a book I'd like to read to someone...even myself! Keep having fun!
Post a Comment