Aside from the stomach bug and some colds, we have been pretty healthy. So far. Kids are working on valentines as I type- they are so excited.
Last night Kayla and I went to our book club, which was great, but it deserves its own post so that will be forthcoming. Another one coming up is the boys in their karate uniforms. Jack (obviously) doesn't like to be in pictures lately but he was ok with karate pics.
Kayla did Sam's hair when we were watching a little video about the Industrial Revolution.
He didn't even seem to notice.
Of course everyone needs a walkie-talkie when they are working on math.
And coffee. The mom usually needs coffee.
Kayla actually said, "Quid et Quo is so much fun!"
Have to record that. Q/Q is just a process of breaking down every word in a sentence by its attributes. It is fun, in my opinion. (For example, "boy." It's common, singular, and concrete.) By the way, this one also said she was retiring from school this week. She did come out of retirement so that's good.
A minor distraction during grammar.
This morning we were talking about the Battle of San Juan Hill along with Theodore Roosevelt and his Rough Riders. (Couldn't have told you a thing about any of that before I homeschooled my kids!) Sam wanted to color pictures of Mr. Roosevelt. My favorite part is how he wrote his name in cursive at the bottom. That's new this week!
After breakfast Sam, Lucy, and I started this Paddington book. They loved it. Sam picked it up again after lunch. That's a genuine smile- it looks a little posed though, doesn't it?


2 comments:
I love your homeschool updates! Man, your kids are so big!! Crazy how fast they grow! =) We miss you guys!
I got that book out of the library you recommended and wished you had put on your Thursday book list (you see I'm avoiding the title as I can't think of it) but I read it to myself and enjoyed it. I was shocked it was available and so were many other copies, very unusual for our library system. Anyway, a little valentine tea coming up this week (wish you guys could pop over) and this will be the perfect story to read to the young ladies. Lastly, made cool rise French bread today and thought of you. :-) Love seeing your week. Jack must be past the photo stage!
Post a Comment