Sunday, February 15, 2015

First Race

Yesterday was the Blacksburg Classic and our first race.  I have to say I am still excited.  I've always kind of "dreamed" of being a runner.  Thought it was something I'd really like to do but didn't think I could.


But yesterday Jack and I ran the 5k.  The temperature wasn't bad- around 40.  But the wind!  The wind was blowing hard.   Jack ran once in the last few weeks. Once.  And he either stayed with or ahead of me the whole time. Kids!  (And...we just saw that he came in third place in his age group!)
 
 
Brian, Sam, and Kayla ran the one mile fun run.  Also no prior running.  Kayla came in second and Sam third.  Medals!
Lucy was our faithful cheerleader.

 
So proud of my family!
It's safe to say that (at least) I am hooked on running!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Yay! You guys look so happy! Great job, Danielle! =)