The snow returned, briefly, after lunch and brought with it a bitter wind. So it's more hot chocolate and now a movie. And more of this:
If I'm being honest, I have to say I really don't like this part of snow. Wet hats, gloves, boots, socks, etc... piled up right by the front door. Well, sometimes hung up or even thrown into the dryer. But clearly, a lot right there. The worst of it- all the mini-puddles of melted snow and ice that I cannot miss stepping in no matter how hard I try!
Ugh. But I know.
It's a small price to pay for the quiet in the house that comes from the fun and laughter out of the house. The kids have had a great time playing in that winter wonderland.
Yes, my beach scented candle along with my coffee is a nice backdrop for the "teacher workday" I have had. Some school work done with a kid here and there but also some planning for class...the class we would have had tomorrow at CC but is now cancelled! Our kids will have a true snow day tomorrow. More for the cold than the snow but still. They are happy!
Kayla says this is a classic Lucy look. (Still in her jammies which is also very Lucy.)
Last night I asked her if she was getting a new cold. Her answer:
"No Mom! I've had this one since tomorrow."
Then she starts singing "Tomorrow" from Annie. I had to laugh.
I know this is a grainy picture but I had to capture these two on the couch together.
Trying to keep warm?


No comments:
Post a Comment