*It has been up around 60 the past couple of days- such a nice break from the cold!
*I made some blueberry scones from my friend
Patricia's blog- delicious! First time making scones.
*Sammy turns 7 on Monday so we are in the middle of an extended birthday celebration. Pizza and cupcakes with a few friends on Friday, dinner with Brian's parents Saturday, and then the actual birthday tomorrow at my parents. Whew!
*And a couple of stories:
At breakfast, Lucy so sweetly said to me, "Mommy, you're the best mommy in the whole world." Then quietly to herself, "Well, I only have one mom..." Haha!
It was just Sam and I in the car and a song from my childhood came on the radio. (For those of you wondering, it was Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Want to Have Fun.") He commented, "This music sounds strange." I said, "This is an old song. It was around when I was a kid." Sammy: "Ohhh...no wonder it's so weird." Haha again!
*Finally, a picture book for you. It's the cutest story, based on a Navajo tradition of celebrating a baby's first laugh with a gathering. Who doesn't love that sound? I know I did. Lucy and Sam really enjoy this book. The older kids immediately recognized the illustrations as being done by the same guy who did "The Relatives Came" and "Song and Dance Man."
2 comments:
Fun filled weekends are the best! Glad you liked the scones!
Lucy is so funny. I can see her saying that!
Post a Comment