Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday Evening

I'm thinking unplanned holidays might be the best.  Just sit back and enjoy.  That's pretty much what we did Thursday and Friday.   Sledding, movies, shoveling, coffee, books, hot chocolate, baking.  Today was nice, too, but laundry, among other things, was calling my name. I don't think I'm ready to get back to "normal" on Monday.
Sam took a hit on the ice this afternoon.   I asked him if he still had blood on his face and he said no, he was just busted up.  Yep.  That's about right.  I think he's kind of proud of it though.
Lucy has been in her jammies since Thursday.  She just put her snow pants over them!  Love that.  She did get a bath yesterday so we at least changed jammies once!
 photo(74)
While the kids were outside on Valentine's Day, I made peanut butter kiss cookies, only I used soy butter since Sam is allergic to peanut butter.  Yum!
photo(75)
I heard that familiar, "Mom, can I bake something?"  
"Yes!" 
So Kayla decided on pretzels.  Wow.  They were so good.  A lot of work- she and her Dad did most of it- but it was worth it!
photo(76)
A selfie- enjoying the fruit of her labor
photo(73)
It was great how extra kids appeared in our yard to play.
IMG_9251
Going for a walk before the plows came though.  The garbage truck made us some nice tracks.
IMG_9260
Snowboarding in the road
IMG_9237
Shadows on the snow were pretty.

1 comment:

podso said...

Kayla should do a guest post on how she makes the pretzels.