Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snowpocalypse 2014

I don't know where to begin except to say- THAT'S what we've been waiting for!
19 inches of snow. 
The perfect storm.
IMG_9233
Wow.
IMG_9212
In the snow fort the boys made with a friend.
IMG_9229
It was almost too deep to sled but we worked out a good path.  Sledding is not just for kids!
IMG_9223
So happy out there.
 IMG_9208
Awesome.
IMG_9194
She's swallowed up in it!
IMG_9189
That's Kayla in there.  She took a lot of these pictures.
IMG_9188
I don't know why I like this so much. Maybe because it was still early so the light was nice.  Or because it looks so peaceful down there.
IMG_9187
The snow has been weighing down the trees.  Wind is picking up though so that should help.
IMG_9211
19 inches.  Depending on where you measured it could have been more or less- lots of drifting.  But I got 19 pretty consistently so we'll go with that.

1 comment:

podso said...

You got it! I actually just spoke with my neighbor and he told me your 19 inches! (from his fam. there). We got four more today but now the sun is out and it's melting like crazy--only to refreeze later. Your pics are wonderful!