Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Big One

"They" say this could be the biggest storm since the winter of 2009/2010.  I remember that winter- Lucy was born that winter and it was so cold and snowy.  I will happily take a BIG snowstorm!  I think I've seen every map, every prediction.  At this point, I say let's look out the window tomorrow and see what it's doing.  And keep a ruler handy.
I'm declaring a snow day for Thursday, which we rarely do.  Why would we?  But the biggest snow of the year deserves a day off full of sledding, hot chocolate, books, movies, Olympics, and whatever else we can get into.
IMG_9173
Snow preparations are in full gear.   I love it.
IMG_9178
The lines on the road scream "Bad weather coming!"

p.s. The kids were taking these pictures, not me!

1 comment:

podso said...

It's so pretty out! And, by the way, a new baby girl has arrived in your old house. I guess you got my note about my only drawback to this big super storm. But you guys stay safe and have fun!