Monday, June 17, 2013

Ready, Set, Go!

    IMG_8219
IMG_8209

Not sure what else we could pack.  Sleeping bags, notebooks, Bibles, old shoes, clothes, flashlights, toothbrushes, hats.  Even letters from friends to be delivered through camp mail. It's all ready.  And I think  we are, too.  

Today we take Kayla and Jack to overnight camp for the week.  First time.  They have been so very excited about this week for so long, and last night I saw the first signs of nerves.  Not gonna lie- it pulls at my heart strings a little, too.  But- I am trusting God who is near to them and know He can use this week to grow them  in grace.
So to all my praying friends out there, will you pray for these two this week?  Thank you!

They are going to the PCA's camp Ridgehaven in North Carolina.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

oh so exciting! i know jack and kayla will have a great time! i'll definitely be praying for them (and for you too!)

podso said...

I remember this experience so well -- I almost can feel the butterflies ... I'm talking about when we took our kids to camp for the week. I'm sure they will have a blast! But will pray! And for you.