A group of ladies.
A good book.
That sums up Tuesday night, our first ladies book study of the summer for Providence PC
Really, it was our first ladies study, ever.
I was excited about it, maybe a little nervous, too. But I was encouraged and so thankful for each one who could be there.
We are reading through Loving the Way Jesus Loves by Phil Ryken. He looks at 1 Corinthians 13, the "love chapter." It's so often read at weddings, and yet it's meaning goes much deeper than just romantic love. He says,
"The Love Chapter is not for lovers, primarily, but for all the loveless people in the church who think that their way of talking about God, or worshipping God, or serving God, or giving to God is better than everyone else's."
And my favorite quote from chapter 1:
"No one cares how much we know unless they also know how much we care."
Just the first few verses of 1 Corinthians 13 are enough to make me squirm if I really think about them.
Looking forward to digging in more and more this summer.


No comments:
Post a Comment