Sammy is all about the Boston Red Sox now since that is the name of his t-ball team. I don't know if he'd ever heard of them before May but he jumped at the chance to stay up a little late and watch the pros on tv. I looked around for some baseball books for him and found this one, Becoming Babe Ruth. We've read it several times- Sam loves it. I didn't know much about Babe Ruth. Seems that he was into everything as a child, including trouble, so his parents sent him to a school for boys where his talent for baseball showed itself. Found out he played for the Red Sox before being bought by the Yankees- Sammy rolled his eyes and made some sort of strange sound when he heard that. Haha. Anyway, it's a good book- look for it if you have a ballplayer, or even if you don't.

I'd love to know what they were talking about.


1 comment:
Ah this makes me miss the days of watching my boys play. Maybe they were discussing the Red Sox!
Post a Comment