
Do people "summer" anymore? Go somewhere for the summer and stay for weeks on end?
I think we've about decided that if we summered, it would be at the beach. Probably the Outer Banks. I love the beach.
I could see myself as one of those wrinkly, tanned old ladies who put on a floppy hat in the morning to water her flowers. I would get to know the people who came in on Saturday with the traffic and tell them the best restaurants. And I would read good books- a lot of them.
This week's (quality) beach read has been The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. It's been one of those books that drew me in- marriage, loss, love, and even a fairy tale element. Loved it.
"In my old age, I see that life itself is often more fantastic and terrible than the stories we believed as children, and that perhaps there is no harm in finding magic among the trees."


1 comment:
Looks like you are enjoying the beach. The book sounds good ---
Post a Comment