Saturday, June 22, 2013

Camp Week Was Great!

They got in the van Friday morning and it was like they were on fast-forward.  Until they crashed from exhaustion not long after.
Sooooo much to tell about their week at Ridge Haven!
I can't say enough about the quality of this camp.  Truly, top-notch.  It was so well organized with fantastic counselors.  Everyone was so friendly and helpful.  I want the kids to go back next year just as much as they want to.
Jack and Kayla, in ten years, do you remember:  the golden plunger award, cabin devotions, the rope swing into the lake, the big swing, Bucket, 500 miles, archery olympics, the camp store, candy, the scavenger hunt through the woods, dance party, crafts, soccer, Gus, canoeing, kayaking, Uncle Archie, etc...?
1008891_10151744677763933_1269672450_o
Kayla's cabin
1015157_10151748902863933_402137350_o
Jack's cabin
1009390_10151746479668933_122549305_o
Everyone!
1025684_10151744670193933_1698774207_o 
 1025359_10151744658643933_1743067879_o
1025637_10151744666633933_829118801_o
all the pictures are taken by Ridge Haven staff and posted on Facebook

2 comments:

podso said...

Were you at G.A. the whole week? I don't even know where it was this year. I love that you were in that group of CP women. Yes there is such comfort in finding others who think (even fear) like we do. Camp looked great! Amazing those counselors posted pics on FB-- I'd call that a full service camp! I'm sure you'll hear stories for awhile (the advantage of having a girl, for one thing!)

Rebekah said...

Yay! So thankful that they loved it! I can't wait to hear more stories. :) Hope y'all have fun this week, too!