
"Sure was, Jack."
"Me, too."
Jack smiled.
Last night it was Sammy's first t-ball game. And like his first practice, and second, he hit a wall he couldn't seem to climb. Too many people. Too much going on. Feeling scared, nervous. We saw that look all over him that said I'm not getting on that field and you can't make me.
And he didn't and we couldn't.
My heart ached watching his daddy siting with him, trying to encourage him out onto the field.
So the kids and I sat on the bleachers, watching and praying for this little guy to remember that God gave him courage before and to remember how much fun he had at practice. For him to have courage again. In my mind, praying for God to move Sammy's mountain.
It didn't look like God was going to move Sammy's mountain. At least not to me.
One inning passed.
Half an inning passed.
Coaches smiled at Sam and tried to get him out there.
Nothing. Or something?
I heard it.
So soft.
"Mom, could I play first base?"
I took his hand and off we went to find Coach and of course Coach said "You want first base? Come on out buddy."
He was a happy guy at the end.
I think t-ball will be an ebenezer of sorts for Sam, and us.
A reminder of what God did for him. A reminder to get back on our knees the next time t-ball or something else is hard.
Sammy says he knows God is bigger than his fears.
I say, "Thank you, Lord."


3 comments:
Praise God!
Great job Sammy! I really want to come to one of your games.
This made my heart smile. I miss y'all like crazy!
Post a Comment