I don't know where Brian heard about this book, The Little Way of Ruthie Leming but he brought it home from the library, devoured it, and passed it to me. This is one of those books that left me standing in the kitchen, turning the ground beef with a spoon in my right hand and holding the book with my left- cramming in any reading time I could.It's the true story of the author, Rod, who grows up in small-town Louisiana and leaves as soon as he is able to see the world. His sister Ruthie stays. She gets sick with lung cancer and he watches the ways of the town as it rallies around her and her family. Rod gives a revealing, honest view into their struggles, choices, and the fruit, both good and bad, from them.
Read it. It will tug at your heart, for sure.


2 comments:
Hey sweets. Read that one last week and it *was* a good one. Bittersweet would wrap it up in one word for me.
I'm always so hurt by stories with death shared like that, but the brother and sister had such a great relationship, it made it easier to bear.
I'm looking forward to following your blog, Danielle, especially all the good book recommendations! This one looks like a good one. I think I'll look it up. :)
Post a Comment