Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer! (Almost)

How do we know it's summertime around here?  Or at least that school's out?
*Allergies.  Half of us can't stand to be outside much right now because of the pollen.  Eyes are red, itchy, and puffy.
*The kids and I rearranged the school/play/catch-all room.  I am always ready to move things around by the time school's done.  It helps us clean up all the stray things that have gotten pushed under and behind furniture all year.
*The hummingbirds are back!
*The kids want fruit smoothies most days for lunch.
*I'm working on putting together summer reading lists for the kids.  I'd love suggestions!
And-
IMG_8037
It's time for sun-tea again!
IMG_8038
There are flowers to cut and put in vases.

IMG_8035
Planting time!  This is probably one of my favorite things to do.
The garden is in and we're planting some flowers.  Self-control is hard at the local nurseries!  I did save a gift card from Christmas so that helps.
IMG_8026
Soccer is over but we are right in the middle of t-ball.  I love it.  Feels so American to be out at the ball field when it's hot!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How did the fudge sauce turn out?

Patricia said...

yay for summer! =) the sun tea looks great! how do you make it?