Sam wanted to have a Star Wars party. It was his first "friend" party. Here's what we did:
We made rocket ships out of cups and rubberbands. The top cup has rubber bands tied at the bottom. When you push it down on the bottom cup and then let go, the rocket shoots up. We used stickers with Star Wars characters for the pilot. I found this idea at Family Fun.
The birthday cake was supposed to be Luke Skywalker's ship. I have no idea what the name of the ship is and Jack said it didn't look too much like it but Sammy loved it. I found the idea for this cake online, too.
The kids made lightsabers out of pool noodles and some duct tape.
We set them loose outside and you can see what happened.
I had hung balloons from the deck for the kids to hit (instead of each other) but the wind was so bad that the balloons got wrapped around the poles and popped.
Oh well. I don't think the kids minded one bit.


2 comments:
Love love his face in the first picture! And from the previous post, you are right. His hugs are wonderful, and his belly laugh is definitely contagious!
You did capture his face well! Love all the cre a tiv i ty !!
Post a Comment