Wouldn't I like to make that one happen for Lucy!
I don't know what got her started on that but I heard it more than once this evening.
It does sound pretty good to me at this point in the winter, even if it hasn't been that cold. Still pulling for a good snow... at least one!
Lately Sammy and Lucy really like to read books in our bed instead of on the couch after they get their jammies on. It's pretty nice. We all get settled under the covers with plenty of pillows behind us. One of the things I love about evening storytimes is how the older kids wander in and listen to picture books. Sure it's good for them to listen to good stories but I think they just like the togetherness of it all. So do I.
Here are a few we've read several times lately (I hadn't planned on including all yellow books!):
We all love Norman. Great pictures and a strong storyline from Don Freeman, who wrote Corduroy.

I love the imagination of the little boy in this book. One of Sammy's favorites.

I assumed this was an older book because of the wonderful, simple illustrations but it's actually fairly recent.
A sweet story of friendship.


2 comments:
Lucy is on to something- the beach would be wonderful right about now! Thanks for sharing those books =) Have you heard of honey for a child's soul? it's a index for all kinds of children's books. might be useful to find other fun, sweet stories.
OK I think you have fixed it! and Thanks for all the books rec. I have started taking my own books along to read to B when we babysit! She loves a fresh book.
Post a Comment