Church planting.
These words struck fear in me when we were in seminary. I was thankful that we didn't have to go to the center (it is what it says- a place to be assessed personally in every way), thankful that other people wanted to be church planters. I was in awe of them to a certain extent.
Haha.
Where are we? The Assessment Center.
What might we do soon? Church plant.
I cannot remember a time in my life when I have felt so much fear and trembling:
more nervous lightening bolts shoot through my body and my heart pounding so often over a couple of days. I don't think my poor nerves can take much more! :)
I have felt nervous, uncertain, fearful, unsure.
And I can honestly say that God's loving kindness to me has been so evident through it all.
No need to be afraid.
Is there ever?
He's using these few days and these people here as true instruments of His grace to us.
We have been encouraged, challenged, and drawn out of our comfort zones.
We have heard stories of His grace.
We have met some dear people, all of us different, all of us seeking His will.
We have learned a lot about ourselves and each other.
We are not done and I can pretty much count on my nerves being shot again, at least one more time.
Ugh. :)
But... that's OK.
He is good. He is faithful. And He writes the story.
Hi...lar...i..ous.
Just for comic relief.



8 comments:
Ahhh...THAT is exciting! (Easy for me to say right?) But very excited for you still!
I can imagine those knots and fears ... but you'll soon be on the other side of it ... and in time, experienced ch planters who will be encouraging other new ones!
Thanks for the post, Danielle! I think I would be nervous too! So glad to hear how God has interspersed those moments of stretching with moments of encouragement. Yes He is so good and faithful!! I'm excited to see all the wonderful things He will do through both of you as you serve with this church plant.
Wow I am so bowled over by your adventures. I can do all things thur Christ that strengthens me.
WHOA! can't wait to hear more!
So glad to get this update! We're praying for you.
we've been praying for you and Brian! "He will keep you in perfect peace whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in You" ~Isaiah 26:3
In no way can I put myself in your shoes, being that I've never been in that position. Will say, though, that Dotsie told me that you'll do wonderfully...and she should know. :)
Easy does it. One thing at a time. And the way I figure it, if a certain issue isn't to be taken care of TODAY, then I can rest in what does need doing. Just today.
Post a Comment