Monday, February 20, 2012

A Little More on the Snow



We stirred in the sugar, vanilla, and milk.  The snow in our plastic bowl began to look a little more like ice cream.  The smell of vanilla always reminds me of snowy days when I was little.  Doesn't it seem strange to come in from playing in the snow, with red runny noses and pink cheeks, just to eat something cold?  I prefer something warm, myself.  And so do the kids, really, but they couldn't pass up the opportunity for snow cream.  Who knows when it will snow again?  Better get it all in while we can.

Don't think they forgot about hot chocolate for a minute- and don't they look so cute?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ate ice cream after coming in from the snow! No idea why. Just wanted to:)

Patricia said...

that's awesome! we love snow cream! =) great idea to make it while we've got some snow.

podso said...

Did the collage work? You surely had the snow! Love those pink cheeks!