Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pets and Books

Jack and Kayla are outside, digging pet graves before the rain sets in this afternoon.
They each buried a hermit crab over the summer.  Their friend from next door buried her hermit crab along side of ours in the fall.
Today, they're adding fish and one more crab.  No one seems too sad anymore, just eager to get the job done.
My head is spinning a little with everyone's questions and needs.  Nothing bad.  Just could use a little  quiet, and that seems hard to come by today.
I do have a couple of books I'd like to get to.  Maybe I'll do that for a while.
I started All Quiet on the Western Front last night.  The cover says it's "the greatest war novel of all time."  We're getting close to World War I in history so I thought I'd educate myself.  It's not my normal read!
The other is Elyse Fitzpatrick's Idols of the Heart.  Sooo good.
Last thing- we finished Railway Children this morning.  I cried at the end.  A happy cry.  Such a great story.

3 comments:

Rebecca D. Martin said...

I really need to read Railway Children!

podso said...

And, we can't wait to see you!! Noonish you said?

May you enjoy the peace and quiet of a car ride at least!

Nat and Shannon said...

Hi friend :o) I just want to say I love love all of your blog posts... thank you for sharing your heart and life with us! I miss you and would love to catch up soon!!