Wednesday, February 22, 2012

100%

Sammy and I sat on the bleachers, watching the last basketball game of Jack's first season playing.
Jack's coach encouraged him, always with smiles,  often and loudly, to be ready.
"Hands up, Jack!"
"Turn and shoot!"
And then.
Let's just say I was one proud mama.
MY boy scored in last night's basketball game.
The ONLY score.
Now I won't mention the final score of the whole game because it wasn't pretty but as Jack's coach said, he scored 100% of the points for the team.

 Just a little happy.
 These two are brothers (and the coach's sons) and all together, the three of them are great buddies.  I have been so thankful for this family ever since we came to Grace Covenant.
Coach took everyone out for ice cream after the game.
If you haven't been close to a table full of 8-10 year old boys, let me tell you- it's an experience.
Even little brothers get in on the action.
When we got in the car, Sam said, "That was awesome Jack.  I think you're the best player ever."
To me, that was the icing on the cake.

5 comments:

podso said...

Congratulations, Jack! Misty-eyed.

Patricia said...

that's so sweet! congrats to jack!

Anonymous said...

Love it! SO proud of Jack:)

Javier said...

Great job, Jack!

Danielle, besides not telling us the score, you should have also told us not to look too closely at the background in the first picture :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jack! Danielle you have such a great way of sharing your family with everyone.