Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lake Weekend

Does this picture speak summer to you?
It does to me.
We spent a better part of the weekend up at Claytor Lake with Brian's family, most of it in the water.
There's something about the kids laughing in the water that I loved.  Even while we're hollering at them to get back a little closer to the dock or trying to make sure Lucy didn't fall in.  My little birthday buddy Caroline has a great infectious giggle.  And that's what it is.  A giggle.  I'm sure she has a good belly laugh too but giggles are such happy sounds.  They just keep going.
We had several "firsts" that are worthy to remember.  And other things that might not have been firsts, but were still fun.
 Here's Caroleena Pastalina, aka the Giggler
Not Sammy's first time driving the boat but definitely one of his favorite things to do
Not Brian's first time water skiing but my first time watching him.  Pretty funny.
His sister skied, too.  Impressive.
First time tubing behind the boat.  Can you tell how Kayla is holding her breath, just in case she got knocked off?  I wasn't sure what she would think of this adventure but she loved it.
Jack went by himself then with cousin Mary.  He was hilarious back there.  I think I've got more of a comedian than I realized.
This picture just makes me smile.  
Sometimes you just need a break from it all.
Sammy's first time to hold baby Joel.  What a cutie.  Sam had so many questions about this little guy.  
He's a sweet baby.



3 comments:

podso said...

What fun you had! It reminds me of our lake days!

Geneva said...

The picture of Brian - AWESOME.

Sarah said...

I smiled and laughed through this entire blog...I love it! Great memories!