Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday

We've been down to one kid for a little over 24 hours now and so far, so good!  The kids seem to be having a really nice time at Mimi and Papa's.  Lucy's enjoying the attention she's getting although every once in a while she wonders where the "guys" are.  She's so easy to take along on our outings.
Brian and I found a gift card we'd forgotten about and went to dinner last night then to the Goodwill bookstore.  Top find:  a like-new hardback copy of Marilynne Robinson's Home for just $1.  I already have my own but am looking for just the right person who will appreciate it.
This morning we went to the farmer's market for coffee and fresh veggies that aren't growing in our garden (which is looking much better by the way).  Then we met up with Brian's parents on a whim for breakfast.
We ended with dinner at our house with some of our "young" friends.  I'm sure there will be an engagement soon and I cannot wait.
I can't decide what to do now but I am trying to take some good advice and not do much of anything.  There's plenty that needs doing but all I'd like to do is sit outside and read a book and listen to the thunder in the distance.
Sounds good to me.

2 comments:

melissa said...

You sound peaceful and that's the best I could ask for you now.

::deep breaths::

This is so good for you. :)

podso said...

That's funny to hear you talk about your "young" friends--you sound like me, and you are one of my young friends.

I know you've enjoyed these slower days ... happy reunion!