How did we get from this
to this
to this?
I know everyone says it but it happens so fast.
I remember seeing him for the first time. I was bone tired but it didn't matter. There's such a sense of wonder about any new baby, but especially your first. There he was, with that head full of dark, dark hair. This one that had grown inside of me, kicking, stretching, making himself known.
Causing such excitement, anticipation, joy.
I remember holding him and just staring, taking it all in.
And now here he is, half-way to "adulthood."
I learn so much watching this one grow.
He surprises me.
He makes me laugh.
He makes me smile.
He loves his brother and sisters.
He reminds me to pray.
He gives me great cause to be thankful.
Happy Birthday Jack! We love you.


3 comments:
AWWWW...he's grown into such a handsome fella! LOVE the cowboy costume - I'm actually scrambling to find one this afternoon for C to wear to Cowboy Day at preschool tomorrow :)
Happy Birthday Jack! How can it be? You forgot "avid reader" on his list--is he still? He will go somewhere in life, no doubt. What was his cereal choice? Such a fun tradition.
9!! Happy (day late) birthday to Jack!!
Post a Comment