I'm not sure where to start here because I have lots of fun pictures and stories to share.
I'll start with two words.
Brown. Butter.
I cannot even begin to tell you how good it smells.
And when we mixed it with brown sugar and vanilla, it made me smile.
The finished product, brown butter toffee blondies, is in the oven now. I'll let you know how they taste but I can't imagine that they will be anything but delicious! Not healthy in any way, but delicious.
I guess the other thing for now is the supermoon.
We loaded everyone up in the van last night at dusk to drive about two minutes from our house to a spot where we could have a clear view of the horizon.
Cloudy.
We watched and waited.
We passed the binoculars around- not sure why- it was supposed to be a super moon, right?
But, no moon and everyone was getting tired.
It was getting past bedtime for the littler ones so we decided to head home.
As soon as we got home, I took Lucy up to her room to put her to bed, looked out the window, and there was the moon.
So, everyone got back in the van and off we went.
I have to say, it did not seem all that much bigger to me.
But, it was beautiful. And I am so glad we were out there to see it.
Maybe in thirty years the kids will say, "Remember that time mom and dad took us to that parking lot so we could look for the supermoon..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I guess when I saw it was early morning on the way to work Saturday and it seemed to fill the sky. It was so beautiful. Didn't want to go in to work.
Post a Comment