It is a rainy Wednesday and I kind of like it. Everyone is either reading or napping now (I'd like to do both) and we've got some cool rise french bread resting in the fridge. I love making this because one, it reminds me of our Berry Ridge friends and two, it will smell so good when we bake it and taste so good when we eat it. No little red hens around here- Kayla did most of the work again. It will be a little treat for Brian when he gets home. Chili and homemade bread. Perfect.
Now the house- not so perfect. I'm stepping over all kinds of stuff. Coats, crumbs, toys, recycling boxes that Lucy likes to spread around, books, pencils, and who knows what else. So much needs doing. I guess we'll get to it later. A friend of mine and I see it like this:
If someone comes over, they will leave thinking one of two ways:
1-They will feel better about the state of their own house, knowing it is not as bad as ours
OR
2- They will feel better because they are not the only ones with homes that can quickly hit a downward spiral.
It's a win-win for them!
Ha.
Well, off to enjoy a little quiet of my own.
Enjoy the afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hmm we can smell that fresh bread over here on BR ... so like your take on the house should someone drop by. Sounds right to me and enjoy that quiet moment or two ...
I like that take on the house as well! :) That bread sounds GREAT!
Post a Comment