photo by my young friend, Geneva H.
A "young"friend of mine put together a slide show of some of her favorite photos and set it to music. Loved it. Of course some of my cuties are in it but even without them, it was really good. It got me to thinking about dads and daughters. At first I was thinking how proud her parents must be. Then I noticed a picture of her dad looking at a little one whom I'm guessing is his niece.
Then I thought of Brian with his girls, me and my dad.
I remember at my wedding, seeing the tears stream down my dad's face.
I've seen how Brian is sometimes overwhelmed as he watches his daughters.
I've heard stories of Brian's dad just about moving heaven and earth for his little girl.
I've watched how my brother quickly was wrapped around his baby girl's finger.
Fathers, daughters.
Grandfathers, granddaughters.
There is something precious about those relationships. Of course a dad's love for his boy is no less strong, just different. They are both sweet things.
And how sad when it hasn't been a sweet thing.
The older I get, and maybe partly the older my children get, the more thankful I am for my own dad and his love for me.
I have been so blessed with a wonderful mom and dad and grandparents.
I know that gift has never been a small thing, but now I begin to see just how big it is.


1 comment:
This is SUCH a sweet post! So cute. Thanks for the shoutout!;)
Post a Comment