Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pumpkins

I can't believe it is still quiet in the house.  6:40 and no one else is up??  Aaahhh...I love these dark, cool mornings.  I am tempted to get a jump on the housework that is calling my name but I think I'll put it off until later.  Quiet like this doesn't come often.
Last Friday my good friend Michelle called and asked if we wanted to go to the pumpkin patch.  Yes!  She is expecting her 6th pumpkin any day now and I think she needed an outing.  He's due tomorrow actually.  Can't wait to meet him.
So we worked for a while then headed out.  The weather was just right for hunting the best pumpkin.  Sunny, breezy, and just a little chilly.
It made me think back to when Kayla and Jack were closer to Sam and Lucy's ages and we could just take off and go.  Life seemed a little more carefree back then.  All these new stages bring their own joys but I still always enjoy thinking about the ones that have passed us by.
This big pumpkin is Kayla's.  Our friend Nathan has been taught well to be a gentleman and carried her pumpkin for her.  Sammy thought this little one was perfect for Lucy.  I agree!

1 comment:

podso said...

Love seeing this! And jacket weather, isn't it wonderful?