Oh well- what can I do?
Blog about Jack and his birthday.
I asked him what were some of the best things about this past year. One of the highlights was a good friend moving into the neighborhood and being able to bike to his house. Another was the church plant getting started.
Jack has a great sense of humor, still loves to read, is happy to give Lucy hugs and kisses, and wants to be either a librarian or be in the army. I love that when he wants to learn something he gets himself some books from the library and learns it. The librarians know him by name and one jokes with him about getting to the library limit on check-outs. He seems to be growing into a respectful, friendly young man- so proud of him.
Happy Birthday Jack!

They really do grow up so fast.

Doesn't seem possible that it's been 11 years since he was born.

He made his own cake from start to finish (by choice!).

He invited a few friends and Mimi and Papa over for cake, then the boys went swimming at the aquatic center.

On his actual birthday he had the traditional birthday cereal, went out to lunch with Granny and Grandpa, and watched a movie with Dad (and me for a bit).
This might be one of my all time favorite pictures.
Love this guy.


1 comment:
I love that picture too! To think he made his own cake! You guys have so much fun together.
Post a Comment