Today is one of those days that I'd like to live in a bubble. Block out the sad path of this world in favor of rose-colored glasses. Not gonna happen, is it?
And that's ok but I do feel burdened for our children and the world they are growing up in.
In other news, today has been a good school day. Kayla's final presentation for CC is on Eleanor Roosevelt so we have spent some time researching and learning about her. I did not know about her "My Day" column. Did you? She wrote a column for the newspaper that began as a way to share her days at the White House with the country. We were able to google them and read several. So interesting.
We also spent a good bit of time learning about the Wonderchild of classical music, Mozart. The kids are going to help me teach about him tomorrow at CC- we're planning on a play of sorts- could be interesting!
And yesterday we worked on using Borax and water to make crystals in jars. Fun. As science goes, some jars worked, some didn't. Maybe we'll get some pictures up soon.
Lastly, we are reading a book aloud called Inside Out and Back Again. Fantastic. It's about a 10 year old girl in Vietnam who has to leave her country with her family during the war. They end up in Alabama. It has tugged at my heart- in both good and sad ways- over and over as we read about their loss and the way they were treated here in the US. I would absolutely recommend it.
quote of the day from Sam: "Mom, this isn't the spring I was hoping for." I have to say I'm starting to agree with him. It's so cold!
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh my. So much I could respond to here.No baby yet is my theme song right now. MEanwhile I hope you all have a blessed Easter --the first in your new church!!!
Post a Comment