Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Baking

I spent most of the day baking one thing or another.
Pancakes for breakfast.
Homemade pizza for dinner.
And in between, I worked on pound cake and a carrot cake for dessert after Easter dinner.  We'll use the pound cake for strawberry shortcake.  I will say, though, that this is the first time my pound cake looks like a disaster.  Tastes good but it fell and is pretty crispy on the edges.    If the carrot cake turns out well I'll post the recipe.  It was easy enough.
After I made the cream cheese icing for the carrot cake, the girls and I were licking the beaters and spoon.  I barely heard it but Kayla said, "This couldn't be better."  LOL 
In the middle of all this I pulled out a very old Michael Card cd.  Wow.  It sounds old but what great lyrics.

Excited for Easter morning! 
It's my favorite holiday- so much hope from an empty tomb.

1 comment:

podso said...

I know you are having a good day!