Friday, February 15, 2013

The Father's Voice

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."  Isaiah 26:3,4

 Am I the only one whose mind and heart is prone to wonder and end up in a place that is not peaceful?  I never thought of myself as an anxious person but I am proving to be pretty good at it.  That verse from Isaiah is a new favorite, now a prayer for myself and friends.  One of the things I heard recently and I think that this verse encourages us to do is to let the Father's voice be the loudest voice in my head.  Good music helps me do this so my family has had to listen to several songs on repeat- over and over and over again... They are very gracious.
I have a total of 8 songs on my Kindle- I know- that's soooo many, right?  I've enjoyed pushing a button and having encouragement at the tip of my fingers.  Here they are:

*"Blessed Assurance" by Third Day
*"10,000 Reasons" by Matt Redman
*"Come Let Us Worship" by Fernando Ortega
*"Wonderful Maker" by Jeremy Camp
*"Wonderful, Merciful Savior" by Selah
*"My Jesus, I Love Thee" by Amy Grant
and by Jadon Lavik, my new favorite singer,
*"Come Thou Fount"
*"This Is My Father's World" 

What helps you keep His voice the strongest?



2 comments:

Erica said...

Danielle, I love this post and that verse from Isaiah is one of my favorites. thanks for sharing!
Music helps me too, to look at life from His perspective rather than an earthly one. Some of my current favorites are:
"I am" by Mark Schultz
"All things possible" by Mark Schutlz
"Whom shall I fear" by Chris Tomlin
"Grace upon Grace" by Sandra McCracken
"Already there" by Casting Crowns
and yes, "10,000 Reasons" also!!

melissa said...

Thanks, sweets, for the birthday comment. Happy all is well in your neck of the woods. :)