Friday, February 22, 2013

Hope

Sleep eluded me last night.
I doubt I am the only one.
"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted" Psalm 34:18 is what ran through my head.
There are many brokenhearted around here right now.
It was hard not to think about a very dear family who lost a special mama yesterday.
When I remember Sandy I think of joy.  I don't know if I can think of a lady more joyful in the Lord.
Her loss is one of those things that makes no sense to me, yet I know her joy is complete and full this day and forevermore.
Of course we are thankful for her.
Thankful for truth and grace.
Thankful that we can all grieve with great hope.
"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."  Psalm 116:15

2 comments:

melissa said...

Oh baby...

podso said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. Catching up on your wonderful blog.