Monday, February 25, 2013

Sammy is 6!

The past several days have been up and down, to be sure. 
In the middle of shock and sadness we got to celebrate Sammy's 6th birthday.
Really, is there a better time to remember how thankful you are for the people in your life?
I am so glad to be Sammy's mom.  He is a special little guy in so many ways- so full of life and energy.  He still has the best laugh and I love it when he decides it's okay to give mom kisses.
Happy 6th Birthday Sammy!
We all love you!
IMG_7656
He wanted a pirate party.  He helped me make a pirate ship cake, complete with gold coins.
IMG_7654
We read a pirate book, made telescopes, put on pirate patches, then went on a treasure hunt.
Jack led the boys around the house.  The treasure was in the bathtub-bouncy balls, frogs, gold coins.
IMG_7652
I think this is the cutest bunch of pirates I've seen!

1 comment:

podso said...

Did they talk like pirates? :-) Arrgh.

Happy Birthday to Sam.