
I saw Infinity and Me in the bin of new books at the library. Great find! A little girl ponders the meaning of "infinity" in her own mind and by asking questions to those around her. I love the answers she gets and comes up with on her own. Fun for math but also for using our imaginations. Sammy and Lucy have enjoyed this picture book several times.

I know Amy at Hope is the Word has favorably mentioned The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge in her own reviews, but I wanted to put my two cents in, too. I have several adult fiction titles by this same author. I think it says a lot about an author who can write for different audiences and do it so well.
The Little White Horse is our current morning read aloud. The descriptions of people and places are lengthy and frequent which is part of what makes it so good. I know, though, that it could be a bit daunting to take on yourself when you're in third grade or if you are a boy who wouldn't at first be interested in a book about a girl. (smile) Even my five-year old sticks with us a good bit of the time. Together, we are all enjoying getting to know the characters. The mysterious and thickening plot is causing even the most skeptical among us to ask for a little bit more when we're done. Love this one!



2 comments:
We read Infinity and Me a few weeks ago and liked it, though I thought the illustrations a little odd. I'm so glad you picked up The Little White Horse! It's one of my favorite read-alouds ever!
We just checked out Infinity and Me after reading Amy's review a few weeks ago. We all liked it -- especially my child who is always saying "I have infinity of" ...Legos, superheros, etc. :-)
Post a Comment