Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rainy Tuesday

I am happy to say today has been a fairly good day.  We have designated Tuesday mornings for baking before we get started on our school work.  Brownies and chocolate chip banana bread.  Yum!  And all on this cool, rainy day.  The tornado warnings from last night were a little unnerving but I don't think anything came of them.
I'm trying to remember to look for the sweet moments in the day.  They are always there.  My own sinful heart keeps me from seeing them sometimes.  Here's a couple:
Kayla's really into playing school lately.  She's helping Sam with his ABCs.  And he loves it.  Perfect!
I always pray that these kids will be good friends- sometimes I wonder!  But this is one of those moments that give me hope.
Also:  Jack and Kayla did their own laundry yesterday, start to finish.  THAT is worth remembering!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Love!...all of it...the baking, the cool, the rain, the kiddos getting along, the laundry...I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit jealous :)

podso said...

I don't know why my boys didn't do laundry until they were older. It was a total miss on my part. You are setting some good standards there. The Tuesday Baking sounds V E R Y rewarding ! :-)