Sunday, September 11, 2011

Our Sammy

His will is strong and his heart is sweet.
He has the best smile.
His laugh- also the best.
He can be really happy or really...not.
He has always loved to be held.  There were times when I thought he would never get down.  Now he does.  And I am glad but it means he is growing up.  So I will hold him in church and pull him into my lap for stories because I know one day that won't be his thing anymore.
He loves to wrestle.  Even the big boys.  And he often wins.  He's tough.  Or wants to be.
He's shy when we're out but at home, he likes to be crazy- do crazy dances, make crazy faces.  We all get good laughs of our own when he's in the mood.
He's starting to like writing and letters and "school."  He wants daddy to play soccer and baseball.  He likes to be my helper in the kitchen, especially when we're making something sweet.  And he cannot go to bed without a book.
He's not afraid to tell it like he sees it.  Here, he had just said, "See Mom- I can do two things at once."  This a few days after I told him I couldn't do more than one thing at a time and he said "Well Papa can."
When I told him he couldn't watch tv again because too much of it is not good for you, he said, "Mom!  It's not like you eat tv or anything so it can't really be bad for you!"

I think our Sammy will be a go-getter.  I hope he keeps a tender side and uses his determination to serve his Maker.
And I hope he will always love his mama and give her all the hugs she wants.
I guarantee if you knew him you'd want one of those hugs, too.

1 comment:

podso said...

You write so sweetly about your kids. I'll never forget rocking Sammy to sleep one night! It's so neat when you get a "hugger" in your kids!