I tell you what. I am finding that every stage of life is good.
It is good.
Sure, there are things I miss about different parts of my life thus far. And life is hard, no matter how old you are. But there are also new things, new ways of relating to people, new experiences that I love.
I thought of this in particular this weekend. We spend the day with most of my extended family celebrating both of my grandmothers' birthdays. That was sweet in and of itself. These two lovely ladies that have cared for me all my life.
It was so nice, though, to get together with everyone and share what our lives are like now-our day to day, our children, just life. To enjoy each other and to enjoy this life we've been given.
This, too, is a part of who we are.
Grandma Pearl with her great-grandkids
and Grandma Lucy with hers.


No comments:
Post a Comment