It seems like the more common something is, the less special or prized it is. But the more I watch my kids grow, the more I think that sometimes, the most ordinary things can be the most precious. As long as you don't let them slip by.
And as a mother, I get the great privilege of celebrating with my kids. That's part of my job.
So when Samuel brought me a pice of paper a few weeks ago and showed me that he had written his name for the first time, I got really excited. Lots of other kids can write their names. But this was the very first time for Sam. S. A. M.
A few days later, out of the blue, comes a happy face drawn with marker on constuction paper. More excitement.
Then a stick figure.
Then trying to write "Nana" and "Mimi."
All firsts for my Sam. All special and exciting. He's growing up. He goes back and forth between wanting to be little and big.
Last night he said to me, "Mommy, I am a big boy now but I'm still a little bit little."
Big or little, he's my Sam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh, how I love your S.A.M.!!! And I love the way you write about the kids.
Love this post! You write so from your heart, your mother love just shines through and overflows. I'll never forget the sweet moment of rocking S.A.M. to sleep one time. Guess its when you guys went out to dinner. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment