Sunday, November 21, 2010

"The Help"

Unbelievably,  The Help is Kathryn Stockett's first novel.  And I loved it!  A great one for book clubs.    The first page had me hooked.  It's another book set in Mississippi in the 60s and though there are tough issues throughout, the characters are so endearing, often funny, that it's a wonderful read.  I think there were one, maybe two, scenes I skimmed over but that was it.
I love it when I'm into a book and realize that I still have many pages to go.
I hate it when I realize I'm almost to the end.
Love it when I have time to sit down to read.
Hate it when I can only catch just a paragraph or two here and there.
This time, I turned back to the first page after I finished the last page.
And I'm reading it again.

3 comments:

melissa said...

I enjoyed as well, though probably not as much as you did since I only read it once! :) Being from the South, I found some issues hard to read about, but it was endearing nonetheless.

Hope it's as good the second go-round!

podso said...

sounds like a book clubber!

Bonnie said...

Great great book. I read it in a few days at the beach and hated for it to end. Hope they don't make it into a movie!