Thursday, November 4, 2010

Just a Nice Afternoon

Everyone is quietly busy right now.  Lucy is at my feet playing.  Her little cheeks are chapped from this snotty nose she's had for a few days but she's happy.  I have written many posts in my head but haven't had a good chance to sit down and write them up.  And I won't do it today either but that's ok.  The only reason I am sitting here at all is because my Brian cleaned the whole house while we were out this morning.  And I do mean the whole house.  It looks so good!  When he does something, he does it right.  When I got home, my first thought was, "WOW!  I am very thankful."  The next thought was,  "Now what else can I get done since I don't need to straighten up, do the dishes, etc.,.."  I have a list a mile long.  But, after I put the little ones down for naps, Kayla wanted to make words out of Bananagrams.  So we lined up our words all around the table.  Then Jack wanted to make word-finds out of our Upwards game.  So, we did that, too.  It was so nice to just sit still and enjoy the kids without thinking of what else needed doing.  I am bad for that.  And it was a nice answer to prayer as I'd been feeling like school was a little dry and we needed to do something fun.  So there it was.
Now we'll wait for these snow flurries the kids can't stop talking about.

No comments: