Sunday, February 1, 2009

Feeling the Need

"Let not conscience make you linger,
Not of fitness fondly dream;
All the fitness He requireth
Is to feel your need of Him."
Joseph Hart

The last line of this hymn, "Come Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy," has run through my mind over and over lately. Last week had some hard days, mostly to do with school. Homeschooling with a toddler has been more challenging than I ever dreamed it would be. And in the midst, God has used it to allow me to feel my need of Him, deeply at times. I don't always realize that is what I am feeling and I surely don't always like it. But to recognize it for what it is, oh what freedom!! Our frustrations, grumpiness, desperations, crankiness, you name it, all show us our need of Him. Broken sinners, needing a Savior.
I love the freedom that comes with forgiveness.

1 comment:

The Wild, Wild Westerners said...

Love this--thanks for sharing, and for the reminder!