Sunday, February 8, 2009

This and That (a stolen title from s.d.)


The weather this week has been crazy. One day around lunch time we were out riding bikes with friends at the duck pond. By 4:00 that afternoon it was snowing-one of those "blizzards" we love!
The warmth yesterday was a wonderful reprieve- just enough to give us a taste of spring and get us through the rest of the winter, maybe?

Brian was away yesterday on a ski trip. So as is our custom when he's not around for dinner, we had a breakfast dinner, complete with bacon and chocolate chip pancakes. (He's not a fan!) While we were eating, Jack said with a contemplative smile, "Mommy, do you know what I've been wondering all day?" "What's that?" "I've been wondering, what's a pancake without syrup?"
He also asked for the "Aunt Jamama" syrup. I had a good laugh.

This morning, Kayla has a new brother, Peter Pan. They are twins and are teaching the rest of their brothers and sisters to fly. Smile.

1 comment:

Nat and Shannon said...

How fun! I love reading the stories of everyday life with your family - we miss you all!!