Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Samuel is 2!

Today is Samuel's second birthday. It is hard to believe that it has been two years since he was born. He came on a Saturday morning at 9:14 after less than three hours of labor. And, he was two weeks early! Brian was supposed to be headed to a retreat planning meeting so he was already up and almost out the door. I'm so glad he decided to wait! Jack and Kayla spent that morning with our sweet friends the Kulps who took them for donuts. Kayla still remembers her donut with pink icing and sprinkles.
Sam has brought so much laughter and energy to our family. He keeps us on our toes (and on our knees)!
One thing Samuel loves is Elmo. So he had an Elmo birthday cake. Jack and Kayla did, too, on their second birthdays. Granny and Grandpa came over along with our friend Tony. I think Sam had a great party. I heard him bouncing around in his bed long after I said goodnight!

2 comments:

The Wild, Wild Westerners said...

Happy Birthday to Samuel--sounds like so much fun. What a great cake, too!

Jenny and Andy Benson said...

I love that sweet smile! He is such a cutie! Good job on the cake, it looks great! Praising God for sweet Samuel!