Saturday, January 31, 2015

Read This to Your Kids!

Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch
I really wanted to get this one up for Read Aloud Thursday...and here it is Saturday.  I'm going to do it anyway because this book is a gem!

A book Brian was reading referenced it.  He asked if I had heard of it and no, I hadn't, so I put it on hold and am so glad I did.
Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch begins with a lonely, friendless man who receives a Valentine package with a note that says "Somebody love you."  He doesn't know who sent it but it changes him.  He begins to smile and whistle and become a friend to many.  I won't spoil the end for you- it's so worth the read- but I will say this sweet story is more than just a Valentine's read.  It's a picture of what can happen to a person when they know they are loved.  Maybe it's even a taste of the freedom we have as believers to love when we know God loves us.
I think I'm buying my own copy of this one!
 Linking (late!) to Read Aloud Thursday!  Check out some of the other read alouds there!


2 comments:

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

This sounds like a wonderful story! I used to check out tons of Valentine's Day books when my girls were little, but I'm not that organized anymore. Eileen Spinelli is a good author.

Thank you so much for sharing for RAT!

(and you're welcome for the book! So glad you all enjoyed it!)

podso said...

Sounds good I'm going to look for it.